Monday, March 30, 2015

subscription boxes. kloverbox

Although I received my Kloverbox two weeks ago, I didn't want to post my thoughts on the box until I had time to try each of the products.  Oh man, this is such a great box!  (Disclosure:  I have purchased a three month subscription to Kloverbox, so all reviews are my sole, unsolicited opinion.)

As stated on the Kloverbox website, "Join Kloverbox and every month we will send you the best natural, cruelty-free and organic beauty, health, nutrition and home products. You'll get to try affordable eco-friendly products, handpicked by our health conscious curators, so you can incorporate better products into every aspect of your life."  Since turning the big four-oh last year, I've been doing what I can to find the fountain of youth.  Pretty much every beauty magazine out there tells you that you MUST TAKE CARE OF YOUR SKIN.  Taking care of the skin on my face has not been a priority, but it is now.  Kloverbox is a perfect subscription box for me to learn about eco-friendly products to finally get into good skin habits.

https://igcdn-photos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t51.2885-15/10724236_704091219702086_197430231_n.jpg
Photo cred - Kloverbox instagram

March's Kloverbox was my first. I was excited to see it had a 'green' theme for St. Patrick's Day AND had a great personal touch - who doesn't love a box of goodies AND a handwritten greeting? My box had six items.  There was a handy insert describing exactly what I received, as well as coupons for full size items.  (Two items came from etsy stores, how awesome to be supporting small businesses!)


The first two items were a Baggu Small 3D Zip bag (in mint stripe) and Marley's Monsters Resuable 3" Facial Rounds (4 pack.) These are two great eco-friendly items that will be used again and again!  I love the cotton facial rounds.  They are made with a durable cotton and held up nicely after washing them.  (I stuck them in a small garment wash bag so they didn't get lost in the dryer.)  The Baggu gets really big when you open it and has tons of space!  The Marley's Monsters facial rounds work really well with makeup remover and I love them.  These items were both wins for me!

I have been using the White & Elm Pomegranate Renewing Eye Serum (FULL SIZE!) every night since opening my box.  The tube has a roller ball at the end which makes application really easy.  I love the ingredients in this serum and the oils work their magic overnight.  I've been complemented recently on my skin glowing!  It feels really great to put natural ingredients so close to my delicate eye area and the roller ball is just fantastic making application quick and easy. 

The Pelle Beauty Balm (4 oz sample) is another feel-good product that I've been using on my lips and cuticles at night.  I tried using it on my face but it felt too heavy for me.  However, as a lip balm, my lips feel hydrated and so luxurious!  Pelle's Balm is has an earthy, vegetal scent that I love sniffing right before sleep.  It absorbs quickly into my lips and cuticles, and the sample is just enough to get a feel for the balm. 

Jillian Wright's Double Surface Exfoliator (3.7 ml sample) was a product missing from my skincare routine, and I was SO excited to have it to try!  As described by Kloverbox, this "natural microdermabrasion exfoliator contains bamboo stem powder, which is a natural cleanser that draws pollutants out of pores and leaves your skin feeling hydrated and smooth."  New to products like this, I found the exfloiant a bit harsh, so I did my best to clean my face gently.  My skin felt really, REALLY clean after and I was surprised that my skin didn't feel beat up, considering the creamy cleanser was filled with granules.  I will continue to use Jillian Wright's exfoliator once a week as part of my cleaning routine.  I'm still on the fence whether to buy a full size of this specific exfoliant, but I love the line and will look into more of their products. 

Finally was Urban Organics Rosewater Toner.  Unfortunately, there was a supplier issue with this toner and Kloverbox asked everyone to stop using it.  Kloverbox was very forthcoming about the issues and sent multiple emails about the problems.  It looks like anyone who received the March box will get an Urban Organics product replacement in their April box, or one specific product if March was a one time box for you.  Kudos to great customer service!  I can't wait to see which UO product I get in my April box.

My final thoughts:  Kloverbox is a great value for anyone who wants to try out new, eco-friendly products.  The monthly subscription costs $25/box and gets marginally cheaper if you order a three month or six month subscription.  (This box had around a $60 value!)  Did you get a Kloverbox in March?  What did you think?


0 comments:

Post a Comment