Thursday, March 12, 2015

subscription boxes. dottiebox

Anyone I've been around lately has to listen to me go on and on about my subscription box fix these days. After the luck I had with my Stitch Fix box and the fun I had receiving my Birchbox, I was on the hunt for another box to try.  I hate to admit it out loud, but I am on Liz's blog My Subscription Addiction FAR too many times a day.  After reading one (or more) of her Dottiebox reviews, I decided this was the next box for me! 

Dottiebox is a subscription box for women who love handmade items and indie brands.  I love Etsy and the concept of supporting small businesses made this box a perfect fit for me!  Dottiebox comes in two sizes - regular and mini.  You can prepay for a regular size Dottiebox three month subscription, or subscribe monthly.  Either way, the regular box is $20 plus shipping.  The Mini Dottibox has the same subscription options but the box price drops to $13 plus shipping.  If you follow Dottiebox on twitter, they send out notifications to allow you to skip the subscription and just buy the monthly box, but the non-subscription boxes sell out quickly!  I was able to get my hands on a non-subscription Dottiebox for March.  As of publication, the March Mini Dottiebox was still available.

Each Dottiebox comes with their signature stamp on the outside cardboard box, and the contents are wrapped in a pretty tissue paper nestled inside cute crinkly papers (which is way nicer than bubble wrap or Styrofoam!)  There is a card describing the contents, which includes the name of the company, a description of each item and how much it is worth.  Not all boxes include the price of the items included, so I really like that Dottiebox does this with theirs.

My March Dottiebox included a Totally Tish 'Inspire' Necklace ($10), Harvest Co. Sparkle and Shine pencils ($4), Life in Mint Vintage Bottle Cap Magnets ($7), Itty Bitty Bubbles & Co Bubble Bath Cup in 'Unicorn Tears' scent ($2) and Dottiebox Chalkboard Labels ($10). 

My final thoughts on this box are mixed.  My daughters have been fighting over the 'Inspire' necklace, so this was a big hit.  My personal favorite item was the Bottle Cap Magnets, simply because they are super cute and are useful for all the papers that come home from school.  We are not bath-takers in our house due to skin issues, so the bubble bath cup is lost on all of us.  In addition, we are up to our ears in pencils.  The bubble bath and pencils are misses for me.  The chalkboard labels are adorable and will go to good use, but I have a hard time believing that 6 stickers and a piece of chalk are worth $10.  If all the items truly are worth what the Dottiebox card states ($33) then I did well with this box.  I enjoyed more than half of the items, but I will not be buying this box on a regular basis.  I think it is a great box for gifting, though, especially for those 'hard to buy for' friends and family members that we all have in our lives. 

Did you get the March Dottiebox?  What did you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment