Thursday, April 9, 2015

three thoughts for thursday.




Three quick things for you today.  Starting soon, my hope is to review local food establishments weekly, add a subscription box review in the mix and keep this weekly three-bee a regular part of the blog.  But for now...


Shopping.  Spring is in the air, which means warmer weather (hopefully) and more outdoor activities!  Announced this week, the ladies behind Pop Shop are at it again and have announced their latest open air market!  This Euro style market is special because unlike previous markets, it will be over TWO DAYS!  Local merchants, food trucks and great energy are what you'll find at the Pop Shop market, so be sure to mark your calendars for June 13th and 14th!


Internet.  Our lives are spent on various web pages these days.  Social media, finance, shopping - to name a few - and each one requires a login and password.   With internet hacks more rampant than ever, it is so important to have different passwords for each site.  If you're anything like me, trying to remember the different usernames and passwords is impossible! (I hate the process of changing one if I forget, ugh!)  Enter Dashlane.  Not only does Dashlane store your passwords for you, but their suped up encryption software will generate strong passwords for you.  How cool is that?  I've upgraded to their premium product so I can bring my passwords with me on my phone, too, but if you do most of your shopping and browsing on your laptop, the free software will be all you need.  

Subscription Boxes.  My April Dottiebox and Birchbox are on the way (yay!) but in the past two weeks I received not one but two Try the World boxes.  (Try the World was gifted to me by a friend.  It is a great gift to give a foodie or traveler in your life.) The second delivery was a box filled with items from Marrakesh and I can't wait to try them!  I'm planning to review the Marrakesh box as soon as I get a chance to cook/eat the goodies I received.  Below is a picture of the first box I had delivered, which was a sampling of items from around the world:

https://scontent-ord.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/11111551_800274013389122_1731626946_n.jpg
My Instagram skills are getting goooooood
This is my 14th post.  There isn't anything special about it being the fourteenth, but I think I'm ready for others to see what I've been doing here.  If you like what you see, please pass it along to a friend who might like the content!  You can also follow me on Twitter so you don't miss a post!  If I generate enough interest, I'll look into creating a fancier site.  Until then, thanks for visiting & reading! 

Coming up, my thoughts on a new breakfast/lunch place I found in Bridgeport. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment